The South Carolina Master Beekeeping program began in 1996 and is designed to provide interested students with the basic knowledge and skills needed to become successful beekeepers and to be able to share their enthusiasm and knowledge with the public. A successful beekeeper is one who can keep Read More ...
Summer Conference 2017 presented by Bee Well Honey Farm
The SCBA Executive Officers have exciting news about the 2017 Summer Conference. There has been a change in the Conference location and dates. We want to reveal to you that the conference will be held at Florence Civic Center in Florence, SC. This is an exciting location and venue. This venue will easily hold 700+ attendees and hold many vendors. There are plenty of hotels close by and excellent restaurants.
The Summer Conference will remain the same weekend but will only be held on July 20-21 (Thursday & Friday). We can get all the great speakers and classes in during the two days, including our Journeyman Review & testing. Then you can have fun the rest of the weekend in Florence to visit the Museums, Kayaking, Golf, Historic Sites, and all types of activities in Florence.
Our Speakers will be:
- David Hackenburg Sr. – First one to realize CCD
- Jennifer Berry – University of Georgia
- Phyllis Stiles – Bee City USA
- Shane Gebauer – Brushy Mountain
- Scott Derrick – Blythewood Bee Company
- Chris Werner – Migratory Beekeepers Indian Summer Farms
- Jennifer Tsuruda – Clemson Extension
- Buddy May – Mentoring & Queen Rearing
- Kerry Owen – Bee Well Honey Farm
- Frank Licata – Soap Making
- David Arnal – Journeyman Review & MBP Testing
- Richard Guess & Lisa Riente – Mindful Beekeeking
- Free Beekeeping Class will be held for area residents and for your family members & friends.
- Honey Judging
- Photo Contest
- Beekeeper’s Social
In Closing we are excited about the changes because this facility will be a great place to spread out and have a buzzn good time. It is also important to note that for consideration to host EAS in 2020 this facility will be an excellent venue. EAS features the top speakers & teachers in the world. Consider attending EAS this year. For more information go to EAS.
The address for Florence Civic Center is:
Florence Civic Center
3300 West Radio Drive
Florence, SC 29501
The Executive Officers hope you will make plans now to attend this great speaker line up and come be a part of the 2017 Summer Conference.Registration will begin Mid May. Vendor & Sponsors are pre-registering now….click here.
Steve McNeely – SCBA President
Kerry Owen – SCBA President Elect