A series of classes, to prepare you to be a Certified SC Beekeeper, on the following dates; February 27, and March 12, 19, 26, April 9, and 16, 2020 from 6:00-8:30
What will I learn?
- Races of honey bees and terminology
- Anatomy, biology, and physiology of honeybees
- Types of hives, hive parts, and accessories
- Products of the Hive
- Why keep honeybees, agricultural dependence, and history of honeybees
- Startup cost and equipment needed
- Feeding, transporting & hive placement
- Why honeybees swarm and their management
- Disorders, parasites, and hive invaders
- How bees make it through the cold winter months & what we can do to help
- How to inspect a hive and honey harvesting
- Pollination and management of a hive throughout different seasons.
- When, where and how to buy bees
IF you wish to take the Certified Examination at the end of the course, it is an additional $10 paid to the South Carolina Beekeepers Association, at the time of the test. The test is NOT required to keep bees in SC.