The South Carolina Master Beekeeping program began in 1996 and is designed to provide interested students with the basic knowledge and skills needed to become successful beekeepers and to be able to share their enthusiasm and knowledge with the public. A successful beekeeper is one who can keep Read More ...
SCBA Spring Conference is March 3
SCBA Summer is in July
Be sure to keep your membership profile updated so that you will get conference details in your inbox.
The South Carolina Beekeepers Association is a private non-profit organization dedicated to education and advocacy ensuring that South Carolina beekeepers have the information and tools they need to meet the challenges of modern beekeeping.
Our mission also includes public education as we strive to provide individuals, and public and private organizations with factual and up to date information about the honey bee, beekeeping, and its importance to our food supply. We have 19 local beekeeping associations in South Carolina with members who are ready willing and able to talk to you about beekeeping in our state and if you ask, might be willing to tell you where you can get good, wholesome, local honey.
This is a website dedicated to helping beekeepers all over South Carolina stay informed with the business of beekeeping and honey Bees. If you are visiting this page to understand more about honey bees you are in the right place too.
Upcoming Events and Program Dates
- September begins the membership drive through December
- October 11-22 in Columbia Fair Grounds – SCBA Member information
- November 3rd Executive Board Meeting
- December 15th Research Grant Proposal Request – SCBA Member Information
- December 30th Membership Count for Youth Education Grant –SCBA Member Information
- January 1st Membership fees Due – See your bundle admin or pay fees online. – SCBA Member Information
- January 15th All Grant Request deadline send to Dwight Porter – SCBA Member Information
- January 30th Membership dues should be sent in to Treasurer.Marie Arnal PO Box 21298, Hilton Head, SC 29925
- February 2nd Executive Board Meeting
- February 5th Spring Registration Begins
- February 15th Grant recipients will be selected
- March 1st Presidents call for Beekeeper of the Year & Junior Beekeeper of the Year – SCBA Member Information
- March 3rd Spring Conference & Business Meeting
- March 31 Associations submit BOTY & Junior BOTY nomination letters – SCBA Member Information
- April Executive Board Meeting
- June Executive Board Meeting
- July 19-22 Summer Conference & Business Meeting
- October State Fair (no dates set yet)
- November 2nd Executive Board Meeting
The SCBA is governed by a board of directors with representation by representatives of local beekeeper associations. Additionally, the association is governed by a set of by-laws. (View by-laws.)