SCBA Photo Contest
The South Carolina Beekeepers Association holds a photo contest annually. You do not have to be a member to submit entries.
- Submit 5×7 or 4X3 unframed
- Must include permission form
- Must also give or deny permission for SCBA media use. (website and printed material)
- Photos are accepted that have already been published can be submitted.
- Only one photo per person per category.
- There is no time or date limit for when the photo was taken.
- Name must be on back of photo, with permission slip included, inside envelope.
- The Photos will be scanned digitally and shared during the conference.
- The Photos will be imprinted with SCBA logo after the contest and used for digital media on the website and videos. (with permission)
- Photo of Beekeeping – In the Bee Yard in the processes of keeping bees or just the beehives.
- Photo of Honey bees – Honey bees interacting with blooms, in the hive, and in their environment.
- Photo of Honey bees and People – Honey Bees and People interacting.
- Photo of Honey Bee Swarms – Catching swarms as they are happening and/or swarms once landed.
- Popular Vote– From all submissions each photo will be displayed.
- Photos will be judged by a five-person panel.
- Judges will award only one winner from each category and an honorable mention.
- They will also be judged by a popular vote by the conference attendees.
- The five panel judges will consider the photos on the following merits:
- Subject Interest
Please download and complete the SCBA Photo Contest Registration form below. This form must be submitted with your photo(s) at the SCBA Conference.