Executive Committee Meeting Minutes – Feb 1, 2019February 4, 2019
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes – May 3, 2019October 30, 2019
SCBA Executive Committee Meeting
March 1, 2019 Minutes
Call to Order: President-Elect Danny Cannon at 5:42 pm.
- Determined that a quorum is not present, therefore a vote cannot be held for the proposed annual membership increase for 2020.
Master Beekeeper Program Report – Susan Jones
- There were two major projects completed in 2018:
- Master Beekeeper Program Manual – Available on the SCBA website.
- Certified Curriculum
- 13 clubs have used the curriculum so far
- 100’s of beekeeping students across the state
- 22 Students Completed the Journeyman Program; 15 of these completed the requirements for Journeyman
- Journeyman Award Certificates Presented to:
- Sheryl Brousseau – Midstate
- Kathy Carpineto – Midstate – unable to attend
- Jackie Currie – Beaufort/Jasper – unable to attend
- Thomas Dailey – Laurens
- Joseph Demarzo – Midstate
- Joann Gabryszak – Pickens – unable to attend
- Mark Hardenbrook – Midstate
- Allen Kirchner – Aiken
- Teresa Kirchner – Aiken
- Steve Martin – Wateree
- Brian Motley – Wateree
- Glenn Severt – Wateree
- Todd Shealy – Midstate
- Neal Taylor – Midstate
- David Wilson – Charleston
Reminded the clubs that in Dr. Tsuruda’s absence to contact him for help and he will help find the needed assistance.
Reminded the clubs that they need a permit if they are having package bees delivered to their clubs.
Treasurer/Financial Update – Wendy Gray
- Master Beekeeping Fund – $6,677.47
- Research Fund – $8,790.19
- Steve Tabor fund. – $555.73
- Operating Account – $58,266.58
President-Elect Danny Cannon adjourned the meeting at 5:54 pm.